Our contact details
Rochford Stokes Limited
233 Lavender Hill London SW11 1JR
020 7801 6789
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics (for example, name and contact details).
- Your date of birth.
- Where you work.
- Where you live.
- Your wishes and criteria in any transaction you are considering.
- Your reasons for moving.
- Financial information, for example about your income and capital resources.
- Bank account details.
- Identification documents for example passport and drivers licence.
- Details of the mortgage arrangements you have made.
- The source of any funds used in any transaction you are involved in.
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you but we may obtain information from other sources including: other parties involved in your transaction (for example solicitors, mortgage brokers, surveyors and other estate agents), family members, other parties involved in your transaction for example the persons whom you are buying or renting with and third parties for example referees.
We use this information for one of the following reasons:
- To provide you with the services you have requested.
- To provide you with details of the properties which we have been instructed to sell or let.
- To assess your ability and suitability to transact.
- To comply with regulatory requirements.
- To make you aware of other services we offer.
- To make you aware of other companies and suppliers we can introduce you to that may be of assistance in connection with your transaction.
We may share this information with:
- Mortgage brokers
- Utility companies
- Referencing agencies
- Utility Companies
- Home Setup and Utility Management Services for example Just Move In- see notes below
- Local authorities
- Debt recovery agencies
- Other estate agents involved in your transaction or associated transactions for example in a chain of sales.
- Other parties involved in your transaction for example our vendor or landlord client or persons whom you are buying or renting with.
- Tax and regulatory authorities.
- Contractors, inspectors who may need to visit your property eg heating engineers, electricians, energy performance inspectors, photographers, inventory clerks.
Type of personal data collected by Just Move In
In order to provide the Home Setup and Utility Management Services we may, in the course of provision of the services, share move-to and move-from addresses, moving dates, tenancy details, council tax status, and other data required for the provision of those services (including data relating to other occupants or household members) to Ethical Introductions Ltd (T/A Just Move In)
Who controls the personal data provided to Just Move In?
Where a Tenant receives Home Setup Services provided by Just Move In then, for the purpose of fulfilling the contract for those services, we will need to also provide relevant personal data to Just Move In. Just Move In will store and be a controller of such personal data. Just Move In (full company name Ethical introductions Ltd) provides a privacy notice describing their use of data, available here: www.justmovein.com/privacy
Website Data Collection
We collect information from the website in order to: - Identify you every time you visit our website; Provide you with the services requested; From time to time we may contact you with information we believe will be of interest or of benefit to you such as new or existing services, offers or newsletters, provided by Rochford Stokes Estate Agents and/or by associated companies or third parties including a financial services provider.
If at any time you wish your personal details to be amended or removed from our record, or you no longer wish to receive certain information please contact us.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
(a) Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting email@example.com or 020 7801 6789.
(b) We have a contractual obligation.
(c) We have a legal obligation.
(d) We have a legitimate interest.
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored at 233 Lavender Hill SW11 1JR. We retain data in both written and electronic form. We also use software systems to administer our business functions and your personal information will be inputted into these systems.
We keep data in written, printed and electronic formats. The period of time we retain records for are as follows:
We retain the details of sales transactions for up to 6 years.
We retain the details of lettings transactions for up to 7 years.
Indefinitely whilst we continue to manage a property then for up to 7 years after our management of a property has ended.
Property Search Registration:
Current Year plus 24 months
Current Year plus 48 months
Anti Money Laundering documentation:
Right To Rent Checks documentation:
1 year beyond the end of the tenancy
We will then dispose of your information by either shredding, disposal using a secure confidential waste service or electronic deletion.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstance
Your right to object to processing - You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 7801 6789 if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us by contacting either Jason Carlon or Jason Galvin by email, phone or post:
020 7801 6789
Rochford Stokes Limited, 233 Lavender Hill, London, SW11 1JR
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk